<BODY><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3769027\x26blogName\x3dtequila+mockingbird\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://tequilamockingbird.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://tequilamockingbird.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d779643416214293777', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

[about the author]

i actually like speaking in front of large crowds. freakish, eh?

i work crossword puzzles in ink.

i am the american nigella lawson. or maybe the american eddie izzard. can't decide, really.

i would be a really good mom, but i'm cool with being a really good aunt.

i am sometimes more perceptive than i would like to be.

i am fiercely loyal. sometimes, stupidly so.

i never play dumb. never.

i am way too hard on myself.

i am a change agent.

i sometimes cross that fine line between assertive and aggressive.

i am not afraid to tell people that i love them.

i am militantly pro-choice.

i am pro-adoption.

i know a little bit about alot of things.

i typically enjoy the company of men more than women.

i am capable of being really mean and nasty, but i fight it. hard.

i am a lifelong cubs fan. do not laugh.

i have been known to hold a grudge.

i have hips.

i am not my sister.

i am lousy at forgiving myself.

i am an indoor kind of gal.

i am a bargain shopper. to the point of obsession.

i am 32 flavors. and then some.

 
[the ones people ask about]
Rittenhouse Review
Investment Banking Monkey
OOPS
Cheap Ticket News
iPhone News
Hotels and Travel News
Latest on Retirement Planning
Consumer News and Reviews
 

[in case you were wondering]

[the blogger behind the curtain]

[100 things about me]




<< current


[all content copyright 2007 by tequila mockingbird. seriously.]


 
6.26.2003  

snippets from a rainy weekend at the shore. just almost as good as being there. trust me.
fugazi-head: so, you ended up putting boys of summer on the cd.
me: yeah, it was suggested by an overwhelming majority of readers, so i thought it should definitely be included.
fugazi-head: i never understood that whole thing about the dead head stuck on a cadillac.
me: what part don't you understand?
fugazi-head: well, i mean...how's it stuck on there?
me: well, it's a sticker.
fugazi-head: what?
me: it's a sticker. you know, a dead head sticker.
fugazi-head: he doesn't say that.
me: he totally says that.
fugazi-head: no, he doesn't.
me: uh-huh...see...listen...it's coming up....right here....

out on the road today
i saw a dead head sticker on a cadillac

[sound of winshield wipers]

fugazi-head: huh. well, that makes a lot more sense to me now.
me: i would think so.

[sound of windshield wipers]

me: so, you thought it was an actual head on a car?
fugazi-head: yeah, you know, like that dead cow head that boss hogg had on his cadillac.
me: wow.

----

d1: dude, if you're ever dancing, and you can't find the beat, just look at jules...she is always on the beat. it's unbelievable.
d2: good to know.
d1: just look at her shoulders, though. don't look at her hips. whatever you do, don't look at her hips. i don't think you could handle it.
d2: probably not.
me: my hips will totally burn your retinas out.
d2: again, good to know.

----

me: what do you mean i'm not bionic?! of course i'm bionic. listen to this:

[kicks leg really rather suprisingly high into the air whilst making "nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh" bionic-type sound]

me: see?! i'm totally bionic.
d2: and maybe a little drunk?
me: nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh

---

j: my god, they have a five egg omelet on the menu! that's huge!
d2: yeah, that's like two eggs more than the regular three-egg omelet.

[silence]

me: well, thank god we have three accountants at the table or we would have been here for days trying to cipher that one out.

----

k: hey, you guys, how would you pronounce this: p-o-q-u-e.

[conferring]

me: j and i think it's pronounced "poke." we also think it's not a real word.
k: well, i think it's a name. it says, "the dining room is run by poque and his wife."
j: oh...yeah, it's an indian name.
k: oh, really?
j: yeah, you know...like poque-a-hontas.

[hysterical laughter]

----

me: so, d, get ready...we have to sing the chorus.
d2: when the hell is the chorus? is this the chorus?
me: dude, who doesn't know the chorus to tiny dancer? are you mocking my music?
d2: well, it is a little girlie. i mean, it's pretty good, but it's just a little girlie.
me: fair enough. can you give me an example of something i could have included that would have made it less girlie?

[long pause]

d2: maybe some ac/dc. or some black sabbath.
me: i think you've, perhaps, missed the whole spirit of this particular mix. but, you know...i'll keep those suggestions in mind, 'cause nothing says singalong like black sabbath.
d2: hey! are you being smart?
me: hey now, don't take that tone with me!
d2: oh yeah, whaddyagonnadoaboutit?
me: nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh
| [tell me about it] | [link to this entry]